At this initial stage both Mojo and any lender just want to confirm your ID and check your incomings and outgoings.
Avoid delays by uploading your documents ASAP
It doesn't matter if you're applying for your first mortgage or a remortgage, we'll need the following three documents to avoid delays:
1) Passport or driving licence
Why do we need it? To protect people from identity theft and to confirm your identity.
How do we need it? A scan or good quality photo will do. Upload in a JPEG or PDF format.
2) Latest payslip (or SA302 if you're self employed)
Why do we need it? Payslips are a quick, simple way to prove your income.
If you're self employed, use the SA302 form. It's a certificate that shows your income declared to HMRC.
How do we need it? f you get your payslips online, download them as a PDF and then upload them to Mojo.
If you receive paper payslips, you can upload a photo or a scan.
If you’re self employed, use the SA302 form. It’s a certificate that shows your income declared to HMRC. The SA302 document is now called a tax calculation. It will be accompanied by a tax year overview which shows the tax you’ve paid.
This is how you get it:
Printing your Tax Calculation (SA302)
- Log in to your online account
- Click 'tax return options'
- Choose the year from the drop-down menu and click the 'Go' button
- Click the 'view return' button
- Follow the link 'view calculation' from the left-hand navigation menu
- Follow the link 'view and print your calculation' at the bottom of the page
- Click 'print your full calculation'
3) Latest bank statement
Why do we need it? A bank statement is needed for initial affordability checks. It gives a fuller view of your circumstances and allows us to recommend the most suitable mortgages.
Please note: We only need the latest month’s statement right now, but in the future your lender will want 3 months. You can upload all 3 now if it will save you time later.
How do we need it? The easiest way to send us your statements is to download them direct from your online banking and upload the PDF files.
You can also upload scans or photos of paper statements.
Uploading photos – getting it right the first time
If you are taking photos, make sure:
- All info is clearly visible and readable
- There are no fingers or thumbs
- Flashes or shadows do not affect the visibility
- The photo captures the full document - use a plain white background if necessary
- For passports make sure the long sequence of numbers and letters at the bottom of the photo page are visible
- For bank statements take on photo for each page of the paper statement
That’s it… for now
Provided we get these 3 documents from you now we can get you a decision in principle for a lender.
After that, the lender will require a few more documents form you. Every lender is slightly different, so we’ll be in touch as and when they are needed.
Thanks for uploading.