Work out what you could afford and how much it might cost you each month.
Your maximum property value is based on a Loan to Value (LTV) of 90% if a residential mortgage and 75% if a Buy to Let mortgage.
* The estimated monthly cost assumes a 25 year overall mortgage term on a repayment basis and the average interest rate we’ve seen for the LTV above over the last three months (3.27% Residential / 2.62% Buy to Let). The initial rate is generally lower if you can find a bigger deposit or you look at a lower valued property as you will have a lower loan to value (LTV). The lowest initial rate seen in the last three months was 1.06% for Residential and 1.19% for BTL.
The exact amount you can borrow will depend on your specific circumstances and requirements, plus individual mortgage lender borrowing criteria. For Buy to Let mortgages, the actual cost and deals available can also be influenced by factors such as whether you are a private or limited company landlord, the property being occupied by multiple tenants (HMO), having a minimum annual income, the total number of BTL properties you own/have.
The estimated rent needed will vary based on the tax banding of the applicant(s). These calculations don’t include the many other fees that will apply when buying a property, such as arrangement fees, valuations, conveyancing, surveys, stamp duty tax and more.
As a mortgage is secured against your home/property it may be repossessed if you do not keep up the mortgage repayments.
Your FREE personal online mortgage broker
- ✓Speak to people, not robots
- ✓Our advice is completely free
- ✓We handle all the paperwork
- ✓Rated Excellent on Trustpilot
- ✓Access to over 10,000 mortgages
- ✓We work with over 90 lenders