When you apply for a mortgage, the lender will ask for some documents in support of your application. One of which is your last three months' bank statements.
But lenders are quite particular about what they will and won't accept. When it comes to your bank statements, there are details that your statements must include. This mock-up shows the things they'll be looking for.
- Your full name and address
- The bank's logo/name
- The period covered by the statement
- Your account number and sort code
- Page number/total number of pages
- The lender will be checking that your outgoings (eg. car finance) match your application
- The statement should show payments leaving the account
- Joke payment references won't go down well with lenders. Avoid them in the 3 months leading up to your application.
- A running balance